Sunday, June 19, 2022

Catching up!

 So sorry for missing so many months that it’s almost been a year since I last posted!  Well to start, my parents planned an awesome vacation that we went on! The vacation was all about visiting church historical sites. First time I flew (and most of our family) was on that vacation. We left the airport and flew all the way to Philadelphia Pennsylvania where we stayed the night at a nice hotel. The next morning, we rented a car and visited some sites there in Pennsylvania. Then we drove up to New York and walked through the scared grove which felt really good to know that a young boy named Joseph Smith Jr walked through these trees and knelt down to pray. When he opened his eyes, he saw the savior and his father saying, “This is my beloved son, hear him.” After New York, we drove to Kirtland Ohio and then flew into Missouri. Then drove to Illinois, drove back to Missouri m, and flew home.  All these sites were beautiful and amazing! I’m so glad I went. :) 

Oh and don’t forget about the newest member of our family, my baby bunny, Luna. Luna is the most amazing, happy, crazy, comforting pet and best friend ever. ๐Ÿ˜˜ To me, everyone in the family has some sort of special bond with her. Even though she is a lot of work that people might say is not worth it, ITS TOTALLY WORTH IT! Only a small percent of people in the whole world know that bunnies aren’t these small lifeless animals, that just run around in your garden and doesn’t do anything. Bunnies are so much more than that! Bunnies have a personality! They have spirits! They have sass! Haha! They can do tricks, come when called, and cuddle with you all day long! They aren’t rats, or Guinea pigs, or hamsters! They are just like dogs! They don’t belong to be in tiny cages or hutches in your closet, or feeding them a single carrot because that’s what you see in the movies. In all bunnies have had a bad rap from the 1920s used for meet and fur, to our day in age where people get them as a pet for there kids for Easter and are surprised and disappointed to find that rabbits rarely conform to the cute-n-cuddly stereotype in Children’s stories and movies. Baby bunnies (because they tend to be more hyper) are too busy dashing madly about, squeezing behind furniture, and chewing baseboards and rugs if you keep them inside. There is a good type of cuddling with your bunny though.  Do not pick up your bunny and start squeezing it and expect it to lick you and jump on you also to find out that when you put them back down they immediately run away from you.  Don’t do that! Rabbits are physically delicate animals which means they can be hurt by children picking them up or squeezing them. And if you can’t stand not being able to hold them, then maybe think about getting a dog, cat, rats, or bearded dragons. All of those animals have research shown that they like to be held. Instead, of holding bunnies gently and quietly kneel down to there level or lay on the floor and let them come to you, not you come to them. Read a book or watch a movie while doing this if you start to get bored. This may take days maybe weeks or months until they fully trust you and they start letting you pet them or even be near them. Just keep trying! Thanks for listening to my whole 10 paragraphs about bunny info!๐Ÿ˜

Ok, now for Luna’s story. 

So it was about the beginning of march. It was a  Saturday evening and my phone started to ring. It rang again. I thought it was another group chat but when I looked at the messages, there were pictures of a big, brown, fluff ball that my friend had sent me. I instantly fell in love! She said that this bunny was for sale. Now you all know that I had two bunnies before this one right?  Well I was so sad ever since I had to surrender them to a shelter. I said goodbye and that was it. No pets ever again.  Until that day! I went to school on Monday super excited because my friend had told me that the owner of this bunny was in our school! I was super excited to meet her! When I saw her we talked about the bunny Honey (which was her name until I changed it). I asked how much she was and the owner said only 10 bucks. I was so surprised! I was thinking like 100 or something. Keep in mind, I haven’t talked to my mom about this bunny and have said nothing about it for a whole week. One day I thought it was time, 

I said “mom, there this bunny that is up for adoption and she’s super cute and outgoing and loves people so much!”

“I’ll think about it honey”

End of discussion. That was it!?! No how much does it cost, whats the owners moms phone number!  Just I’ll think about it. ๐Ÿ˜’ Anyway I told the owner of the bunny the next school day about what my mom had said and the owner did not look happy.  She said that her mom needed to get rid of her by end of march which was like 5 days away! I was freaking out because I could never convince my mom by that time. Then the bunny owner finished her sentence, 

“My dad is gonna shoot her if she’s not gone by then” 


WHAT! What was I gonna do! I was in shock, but the look on the bunny owners face showed no hope at all. Another thing I was worried about was other people at school wanted Honey the bunny.  This was war! I heard girls at school saying that they wanted the Guinea pig? It’s true! They actually said that?!?

I was like

 “girl do you even know what a bunny even is?”

I needed to get that bunny! And fast! 

I worked hard earning money for her home. I secretly shopped online for bunny food, bedding, cleaning, and everything a bunny needed. But I couldn’t order anything without a parent. So It had come to that, the convincing. Dun dun DUN!! I don’t exactly remember what I said to my mom to convince her but, she said YES! I was so happy! I got to school super early that day, planned a day with the bunny owner, rubbed it that I got the bunny in peoples faces (just kidding I didn’t do that)๐Ÿ˜‚ and have a 10 dollar bill to the bunny owner. We planned that the best time to get the bunny would be after spring break and Disney Land. So that it was, and after some fun in Disney Land, it was time to get the bunny. Also your probably wondering Hasn’t it been the end of March already? Well I talked the bunny owner (somehow) into pushing the date back a little bit so we can get Honey after spring break. When I got her! I immediately felt like my heart was complete. I set Luna into her home and she immediately started binkying! Which is where bunnies hop and in mid air do twists and turns in the hips and head. It is a sign that your bunny is very happy! So that made me happy to see Honey! I gave Honey her first toy because the past owner said she never gave Honey toys which kind of broke my heart. But she loved it and basically devoured it down to the core.๐Ÿ˜‚  About a loving and happy week went by of having Honey in her new home and I realized something. That her name didn’t fit her. I thought if a name that I loved with all my heart, Luna. Luna my bunny. After a while people started to ask me why I changed her name. I never really knew why I changed it. I finally found out why…

Luna in Spanish means moon. Luna is the moonlight in the dark when I am lost. I love her to the moon and stars and back.



Out of 14 million bunnies in the world, you found me. So I just wanted to say, I love you Luna.❤️


No comments: