It seems like we had a lot going on this month, too. In fact, we had something big going on each weekend. First, General Conference, then Easter, then Stake Conference, then Zach's birthday and my parents coming up to visit us, and then Women's Conference for me and the blessing of my sister's baby (Okay, so that weekend was part April and part May).
Since most people know about Conference (which was *wonderful* of course), I will just start with Easter. The Saturday before, the kids both went to an Easter egg hunt at the church. This year, all of the eggs were either empty (to signify the empty tomb) or had a picture of the Savior in it, which I thought was a really good idea. Then they handed out bags of candy to the kids at the end. Zach was a little unsure of everything at first, but got the hang of it pretty quick. They both had a really fun time.
Then on Easter Sunday, Tommy was able to come home from meetings early and, after the kids went on a hunt for their Easter baskets, we were able to have a nice little breakfast together and were able to all go to church at the same time (although in different vehicles). After church and a few more meetings for Tommy, we headed over to his parents' home for a yummy Easter dinner and another Easter egg hunt for the kids. Tommy's brother-in-law, Jeremy, took a ton of pictures of the kids while we were there but I don't have them yet, so for now, here are some of the pics we took.
Here are a couple of pics we took after Stake Conference (no meetings for Tommy-Yay!) on Sunday, April 19, a GORGEOUS spring day, when we decided to take a walk at Kathryn Albertson Park. The highlights for the kids (okay, for us, too) were the turtles sitting on some rocks in the water, and especially the little goslings right on the path in front of us. They were so tiny and so cute and so many of them! We had to shoo them away so we could get by. Kind of fun.

The following weekend my parents came up to visit again and we celebrated Zach's birthday on Sunday the 26th (a day early). We did a barnyard theme and had the party at Pam and Frank's house (Thank you!). The kids played one of Zach's favorite games "Duck, Duck, Goose" and then "Pin the Tail on the Cow." Zach finally got out of his shyness in playing party games with the cousins and really got into "Duck Duck Goose." I was so glad! Then he blew out candles (twice, actually, because I thought I was recording it the first time only to look at the camera and see "standby mode." Oh brother! I guess blowing out candles twice on a second birthday is somewhat fitting, right?) And then he finally opened presents. I thought he'd really get into present-opening this year, but after opening a fun truck for his first gift, he was pretty much done with presents and just wanted to play with his truck. I had to literally hold him down on my lap and open the rest of the presents for him. I think it was a really fun day for him, though.
The last few days of April I was able to spend down in Provo at Women's Conference while Tommy held down the fort here at home (with some help from his angel mother!). My friend Christina and I went down together and then she drove home Friday night, and since my sister was planning on blessing her baby that next Sunday, I went to my parents' home for the rest of the weekend and flew home Sunday night. My cute family threw me a little surprise party on Saturday night at my parent's house, (since I wouldn't be around on my actual birthday) with signs and balloons and a Baskin Robbin's ice cream cake! What a treat! My brother's wife was, unfortunately, sick, but an aunt and cousin came at the last minute to make the party feel a little bigger. Tommy had even taken a video of the kids telling me Happy Birthday and had sent it to my parents for me to watch. It was so much fun and so thoughtful of them! Women's Conference was absolutely wonderful, too, and just left me feeling such a desire to be a better wife, mother and person in general (and in a good, non-guilty way, no less!). It was so good to spend more time with my parents and my sister, and the baby blessing and luncheon just went so well! My sister had a group of like 60 people to get a lunch planned for, but she never once seemed even a *little* stressed. What a woman! I loved being able to spend some good time talking with some of my extended family there, too.
Unfortunately, Tommy did not have as quite of a relaxing weekend as I did. The first night I was gone, Zach started throwing up in the middle of the night. Tommy was planning on taking off work on Friday, but ended up missing most of Thursday as well. Thanks to his mom, he was able to get a few hours in still. Zach started feeling better, though, and the rest of the weekend was fairly uneventful, I think, until Sunday afternoon. Just as it was about time to pick me up at the airport, Tommy came down with either the stomach flu or food poisoning himself. Even though he was feeling terrible, he had the kids all set up with a big sign that said "Welcome Home Mommy! We missed you so much!" and the house was decorated with birthday signs and balloons. On top of that, he's feeling bad FOR ME that he wasn't as peppy as he had wanted to be for my homecoming. What a sweetheart!! The poor guy was *so* sick that night (last night, I guess) but still tried to make it into work this morning, only to come home an hour and a half later. He's been sleeping the past couple of hours now, and will hopefully be feeling better very soon! What a husband!!
Even though I had a *wonderful* weekend, it was SO GOOD to get home to my sweet children and husband! I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! I am truly a lucky woman!!
No comments:
Post a Comment